How to Keep Your Office Clean
If you are the type of person who tends to work from home a lot or you generally spend a lot of hours at the office, then you probably already know that it’s not that easy to keep your office neat and tidy all the time. Luckily for you, today we’ve gathered in this article some easy to follow and efficient tips and tricks to help you organize your things and keep the office clean. Here’s what you need to keep in mind.
Opt for an air purifier
Dust can set on so many things, especially on decoration items and on the stuff that is placed on your desk. It is therefore important to keep the decor minimal and try to remove dust as often as you can, to avoid contracting an allergy. The best solution, in this case, would be however to opt for an air purifier because it’s the most efficient device to remove not only dust but also pet hair, pet dander and all sorts of allergens that can cause several health hazards in the long term. There are many options available on the market, so make sure to read several customer reviews so that you won’t regret choosing a specific product.
Vacuum the floor regularly
If you are holding many business meetings periodically and you want your office to look clean all the time, then you should also pay attention to how the floor looks. Some of its characteristics are:
- If you have tiles or wood floors installed, a robotic vacuum could be exactly what you are looking for. These small and compact devices are very efficient at getting rid of dust or debris that has gathered on the floor
- Robotic vacuum cleaners come in a variety of styles, color, and shapes so it’s up to you to choose one that will suit your needs and individual preferences
- If you have several carpets lying around your office, use good cleaning products to wash the carpets and make them look as new
Use safe cleaning products
We’ve already mentioned that it’s important to opt for good cleaning products to clean the carpets and clean all of the things that are placed on your desk. The major drawback of many cleaning products that are available on the market is the fact that many of them contain synthetic ingredients and all sorts of chemicals that can cause several health concerns. In this case, it’s more recommended to opt for cleaning products that include natural ingredients or use natural alternatives such as vinegar or baking soda to clean a variety of things.
Even though you find it better to eat at your desk, it isn’t very practical. You shouldn’t eat where you work. If you do that, you will guarantee crumbs, mess and a sticky keyboard. This in turn will lead to germs and bacteria. The stains will become harder to clean so germs will accumulate overtime. These are some things you should follow:
- De-clutter your desk from excess papers that are no longer useful. Get rid of food wrappers and any other trash
- Take responsibility with trash duty. If you leave it over the night, you will be greeted by a horrible smell in the morning. Thus, it will decrease your productivity
- Disinfect. Did you know that your work desk is dirtier than the restroom? If you never disinfect the keyboard and desk, you will type for at least 8h on a germ-filled keyboard
Tags: air purifier, cleaning products, office, vacuum